[OzzModz] Contact Us Thread

[OzzModz] Contact Us Thread 2.3.7

No permission to download
What happen if i select a Forum with the permission "View threads by others=NO".
By default: if you allow guests there they will get a password to access the post again.

It would be great if they would receive this password by mail.

Variables sent to the phrase:
  • username
  • subject
  • ip
  • spam_trigger_logs - a list of matching spam trigger logs for email & ip. With a limit of x entries, going back y days.
The email contains the IP address but the posted copy does not. You need to click the IP button below the post to get to it.

It would be nice if the posted message also included a clickable IP below the email, e.g.,

[url=https://domain.com/misc/ip-info?ip=123.45.678.9]123.45.678.9[/url]

Can you add this? It saves an extra mouse click. :)

If i'm getting the threads created in the appropriate area, but not the actual email, would that indicate an issue with this plugin or the XF system?
II have just tried to send an email to the specified account and it has worked :(

It doesn't create a Thread on the selected forum on v2.2.3 instead the contact us message are sent to my email.

I've stopped using this add-on in favor of @NixFifty's Tickets add-on, but I'll try having a look at some stage.

Please make sure the forum is selected, as it may be possible it isn't selecting the correct destination forum.

Hi. Can you make small refactor for thread creation step? I need a place which i can to catch on in my add-on.
I made a pull request on github (maybe dirty and wrong, sorry)

Hi. Can you make small refactor for thread creation step? I need a place which i can to catch on in my add-on.
I made a pull request on github (maybe dirty and wrong, sorry)
I've merged that PR into the 2.2.x branch. Will merge to master after some other updates & XF2.2 are made public.

Xon updated Contact Us Thread with a new update entry:

2.3.4 - Feature update

• Requires php 7.0+
  • Now depends on Standard Library by Xon
  • Supports XF2.2
  • Rewrites misc/contact path to login/contact to support a single CloudFlare page rule to apply to login controller and contact form
  • Integrates with Signup Abuse Detection and Blocking to attach user registration logs to the created post
  • Refactor thread creation to be more extendable by 3rd party add-ons
  • Fix...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I can't overstate how good this add on has been as it allows me to catch an email I sometimes miss and vice-versa with threads.

The only significant problem I am having with this, and the entire system really, is spam slipping through.

If you could introduce a maximum number of links to submit through the contact form (either via permission or max overall) so we could input 0 for unlimited to X for a set number, we could reduce our contact form spam by nearly 100% as primarily all tend to include a link (or ten). This would reduce the number of threads being created and even allow for less work combing through the inbox because it would reduce mail sent as well.

If you can't extend on the emailing portion (as this is geared to mainly creating a thread), at least preventing the thread creation would be good so we don't get hundreds of new threads per day. :)

I'ld strongly recommend ensuring you've got spam checks configured for accounts under ~1 post, as this will catch guest accounts and run XF's spam checks on it.

My Signup Abuse Detecting & Blocking add-on then supports adding a link-checker which provides various options on how to handle links (links/emails/media embeds/images/etc) for posts. Including an allow list (for links to say your own website and other trusted websites), and explicit deny list.

Reactions: frm
@Xon

I've just upgraded several forums to XF 2.2.4 and it seems to have broken something in this addon.

There are no console errors displayed but submitting the contact form results in the generic error message:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

The requested page could not be found.

What's odd is when the error is displayed, the UTL shows as https://{domain.com}/login/contact

It doesn't seem to be a Xenforo bug because there are no errors if I disable the addon.

Top Bottom