[OzzModz] Badges

[OzzModz] Badges 2.3.6 Beta 1

No permission to download
Tiny issue / question. When uploading badges / images for badges, I can do it as super admin, while a fellow admin gets an error message for "missing rights". I, so far, fail to see why that is the case. Any idea what rights are required to upload images over the plugin ?

@Ozzy47 I don't know if I asked this before, but it would be a nice plus for our community... we'd love to see the ability to award badges for people in DBCredits, as we can in DBDonate. So people who've purchased x amount in credits (or Nobles for us) can be awarded with a badge.

1725577515972.webp

@Ozzy47 I don't know if I asked this before, but it would be a nice plus for our community... we'd love to see the ability to award badges for people in DBCredits, as we can in DBDonate. So people who've purchased x amount in credits (or Nobles for us) can be awarded with a badge.

View attachment 310452
That would need to be something to ask @DragonByte Tech about, or as a separate criteria add-on; badges doesn't really add any new criteria (other than badge specific ones), and @Painbaker generally likes to keep add-ons focused to a set purpose.

I would like to make a suggestion regarding three improvements that need to be made to take the addon to the next level.

1# Give the ability for users to filter among all badges / badges earned.

On the users profile, giving this possibility makes it faster and more immediate to figure out which badges you already have and which ones are missing (maybe make the missing ones grayed out in the “all badges” view

2# Progression bars obtaining badge and number of people who have obtained it as a % to registered users

When it comes to badges related to the number of posts, or threads or other numerical indicators, it would be nice to show a progression bar indicating the number of current posts and how many are missing to get to unlock the badge.

Also having a % that tells you how rare a badge is compared to all registered users may really entice a user to want to unlock it or give another “vanity” metric on badges.

3# Show among those who have gotten a badge a filter between “all who have unlocked it” and “followed users”

This filter can enhance the “follow user” feature and give another example of challenge. It would also be nice to be able to notify users we follow of unlocked badges as well, perhaps with a notifications setting.

4# Clearly show the Tier of badges perhaps with a colored line next to the icon.

5# The option to give "Trophy Points" with Badges so Badges can potentially substitute Trophies for User Ladder progression

As always, I am willing to sponsor these changes. Let me know ;)

@Ozzy47 @Painbaker

Last edited:
Have not seen a response in months from them…

Probably they are busy with 2.3 and their work.

This addon is free to use and support people is cumbersome and can eat a lot of time.

I didn't get an answer for a paid work I'd like to commission to them, i won't be surprised if no one answers here too. At least for a bit more time.

2.3 hitted hard even developers like Xon.

Back
Top Bottom