[OzzModz] Auto Merge Double Posts

[OzzModz] Auto Merge Double Posts 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Could you add an option to disallow the user from using the tag?
A user found out that it can be used to mess around and put content in it which then is not visible.

Example:

Code:
[automerge]00000000

[QUOTE]This message won't be rendered[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://this image wont be visible.jpg[/IMG]

[/automerge]

Can you add a "forums - exception" option? Or list of forums in which the plugin should work.
P.S. From vBulletin addon:
"Enter a list of forum IDs in which you want to disable the plugin"

@Ozzy47 got the following error, could be related to guest posting being enabled:
Code:
Error: Call to a member function getAllowedUserMentions() on null src/addons/ThemeHouse/AutoMergeDoublePost/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php:140
Generated by: Unknown account
Code:
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/AutoMergeDoublePost/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(98): ThemeHouse\AutoMergeDoublePost\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->finalizePostMerge(Object(XF\Service\Post\Editor), '...')
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/AutoMergeDoublePost/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(38): ThemeHouse\AutoMergeDoublePost\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->mergeReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Entity\Post))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): ThemeHouse\AutoMergeDoublePost\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionAddReply(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'AddReply', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2352): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

If somebody needs, here are SQL queries for finding and removing automerge code.

Find posts having automerge code and preview changes:
Code:
SELECT post_id, message, REGEXP_REPLACE(message, '\\[automerge][0-9]*\\[\\/automerge\\]', '') AS message_after FROM xf_post WHERE message LIKE "%[automerge]%";

Important: Backup xf_post table first before making any changes.

Delete automerge code from posts:
Code:
UPDATE xf_post SET message = REGEXP_REPLACE(message, '\\[automerge][0-9]*\\[\\/automerge\\]', '') WHERE message LIKE "%[automerge]%";

Is this addon still working with the recent versions, ive tried the addon but i were able to create the same thread with content over and over.. It didnt merge with the previous threads

Is this addon still working with the recent versions, ive tried the addon but i were able to create the same thread with content over and over.. It didnt merge with the previous threads
I don't believe this addon works anymore, I've fiddled with all the settings and permissions for a few hours now and nothing is merging.

I don't believe this addon works anymore, I've fiddled with all the settings and permissions for a few hours now and nothing is merging.

Looks like I can confirm it appears not to be working anymore. :(

Just had a new user posting twice in less than a minute, and the second post wasn't merged.
My merging time was set to 10 mins if I recall well, but I can't double-check since I also see some of the options are gone... o_O

There used to be a bit more options on this page, isn't it?

1679256371355.webp

Ozzy could you please have a look into it? :)

Nope, I still haven't touched anything that I set up initially when I first installed the addon.

That "10 minutes" is set for "Registered" user group, in my case, while it's set to 0 for all other user groups.

Nope, I still haven't touched anything that I set up initially when I first installed the addon.

That "10 minutes" is set for "Registered" user group, in my case, while it's set to 0 for all other user groups.
so does it or doesn't it work for you? :ROFLMAO:

Dear All,

We've encountered an issue with the Auto Merge Double Posts feature when used in conjunction with [OzzModz] Scheduled Content 2.1.2 Patch Level 1.

If you post an article and schedule another post immediately after, the scheduled post is still merged with the recently published one. This issue requires your attention.

Best regards,

Looks like for me, it's still not merging any more.
I just had a new member posting twice in a matter of seconds, and his reply was left separate.

I've set 10 minutes for the Registered user group's permissions, but looks like it's ignoring it...

Any help would be appreciated!

XenForo version 2.2.13, Auto Merge Double Posts version 2.0.1

Top Bottom