[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I am writing the documentation of this addon and I am almost finished. You will be able to see each option of the addon with screenshots and what the outcome of the option is with a screenshot. Maybe then it will be more clear to you. I hope I can finish it this week.

In general, you don't attach a form to a thread. Forms exist outside of threads. In the navigation bar or from a widget you can access the forms. There people go, click on the form, fill the form out and submit it. The submission of the form can be processed in 3 ways (depends on what you choose). The submitted form results are send automatically as private conversation or as e-mail or as threads. Most people will use the threads option. There are 2 different thread options. You can set it like each submission of a form will create a new thread OR you can select a thread ID for that specific form and each result will be submitted as a reply to that one thread.

Take a look at this: https://snogssite.com/form/

You can test the system on the official site.

Technically speaking you can actually attach a form to a thread, where you replace the quick reply with a form. If you enabled the option. Here you can see how it looks like with the option disabled then enabled.

1598746457914.webp

But you cannot have for different user different questions in one single thread.

I am writing the documentation of this addon and I am almost finished. You will be able to see each option of the addon with screenshots and what the outcome of the option is with a screenshot. Maybe then it will be more clear to you. I hope I can finish it this week.

In general, you don't attach a form to a thread. Forms exist outside of threads. In the navigation bar or from a widget you can access the forms. There people go, click on the form, fill the form out and submit it. The submission of the form can be processed in 3 ways (depends on what you choose). The submitted form results are send automatically as private conversation or as e-mail or as threads. Most people will use the threads option. There are 2 different thread options. You can set it like each submission of a form will create a new thread OR you can select a thread ID for that specific form and each result will be submitted as a reply to that one thread.

Take a look at this: https://snogssite.com/form/

You can test the system on the official site.

Technically speaking you can actually attach a form to a thread, where you replace the quick reply with a form. If you enabled the option. Here you can see how it looks like with the option disabled then enabled.

View attachment 233860

But you cannot have for different user different questions in one single thread.
That could potentially still work if the answers that someone submits to that thread could be made invisible to everyone else viewing that thread other than the thread creator. That's outside of the scope of this add-on, I'm guessing, but I'm also not sure if it's within the scope of normal Xenforo.

That could potentially still work if the answers that someone submits to that thread could be made invisible to everyone else viewing that thread other than the thread creator. That's outside of the scope of this add-on, I'm guessing, but I'm also not sure if it's within the scope of normal Xenforo.
XF does not have an option for private replies.
Private threads is possible, but not private replies in a thread. Possibly there is an addon which adds such a permission to the system.

We just got this add on. I'm sure its a simple answer but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to format the text in the expected answers box for an agreement question. Any help is much appreciated.

Also is it possible to locate the check box anywhere other than the current location?

Here is the form as displayed to a user
1599185978393.webp

Here is the setup
1599186017406.webp
1599186036222.webp
1599186056000.webp

Is there any way for an answer to a single selection radio button type question to impact who the answers to a form are mailed to?

example:
If box A is checked email is sent to A@domain.name
If box B is checked email is sent to B@domain.name
etc.

Is it possible to have form entries automatically clear from the submission limit after X days? For example, if we want to let users submit content via a form no more than every 14 days, we want that 14 days to be unique to the user, ie a rolling counter instead of an absolute one.

So far I've only figured out how to clear 1 or clear everyone on a schedule manually.

Hello.

There was an error when I updated this add-on
Advanced Application Forms · 1.2.16 -> 2.0.30

My forum upgraded from Xenforo 1 to Xenforo 2.2.4

1599902928909.png

Re-upgrade
1599903256787.webp

Use PHPMYADMIN to change the value of the column snog_label in the xf_node table to 50 instead of 30, then try the upgrade again.

After i change change column size from 30 -> 50
Looks like I need to do something with Schema/Column.php

I commented line 373
Code:
if ($length && $existing->length && $length < $existing->length)
            {
                //throw new \LogicException("$columnName already exists in table, but cannot change length");
            }

1599907917857.png

After i re-upgrade

An old Error
1599908417257.webp

Last edited:
Okay, now edit the Snog/Forms/Setup.php file and change line 544 or 545 from $table->addColumn('snog_label', 'VARCHAR', 30)->setDefault(''); to this, $table->addColumn('snog_label', 'VARCHAR', 50)->setDefault('');

Then try upgrade again.

I have a usage tip for how I forced users to go through a form. This was not a form that users wanted to do like an application to get a promotion, but an updated user agreement form I required them to review and check "yes". As expected, 10% didn't bother well beyond the deadline, and I had to get creative.

1. Create new group. 2. In group permissions, do quick set "no" for everything. 3. Yes for "view" (the first one), and yes for "can view forms". 4. I manually changed those users' PRIMARY user group to the new user group. So now, their entire access to the whole forum is blocked. 5. I made a promotion within the form settings to change their new temporary primary user group to "registered" after the form was submitted.

This solved the problem. Users still had to click on the form link at the top, but they couldn't do anything else. I had like 3 users that couldn't find the form link so I created a big ugly notice that had the direct href link to the form in the notice box.

I have no longer seen an option related to "Available Applications Widget" after updating to 2.x
is it removed?

Attachments

• 442F86AD-00ED-4914-998B-A7839A75E511.webp
    442F86AD-00ED-4914-998B-A7839A75E511.webp
    79 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom