owner of a category and permissions to create child forum(s)

Akimotos

Hi,
i'm trying to find out how i can get the following:
user is given a category node and rights to manage it. (in my case i create a category node "GM: Peter"
Inside the node he can add his own nodes. One for each game he wants to run.
Each game consists of one or more childforums
[... node]
...[gamemasters] (category - big boss adds GM node for new gamemaster)
... ....[GM: Peter] (category - add nodes , not messages)
... ... ... [My great adventure] + [child1...x]
... ....[GM: Laila]
... ... ... [wonders of the world] + [child1...x]
[... node]

after the Big Boss adds the category for GM: Peter i want to give peter the power to create his own Forum nodes. So far i need to go into Node Editor (as admin) and add a forum node and childnodes myself for peter.
I do not want to manage my players in this way.

Is this possible? or do i need to change categories into forums? (i do not want to see posts there, just nodes. (one for each specific game)
Or do i need to have a tool?

(if this is asked before - sorry... searching fort the keywords gives me no good directions)

user is given a category node and rights to manage it. (in my case i create a category node "GM: Peter"
Inside the node he can add his own nodes. One for each game he wants to run.
Is that from an add-on?
XF doesn't allow members to manage nodes from the front end in that manner (it can only be done in the ACP by an administrator).

or do i need to change categories into forums? (i do not want to see posts there, just nodes.
If you just want forums and not threads, then yes, a category would be the correct node type in that instance.

Hi Brogan,
thanks for reading and answering.
No. not using an addon. I login as admin and create it. (i'm the so called big boss) And doing that from the node menu in the admin console is no problem.
I wanted to give the person who runs a game an area to manage nodes, without my (admin)intervention.
As a player of Play by Post games i always found annoying that i had to wait until an admin found time to add my child forum. (my next question would have been: and how could i limit the amount of child forums in numbers or depth)

((As i understand it (from your answer) now, it is not directly possible to let a game master manage his own (child)nodes. So i would need an add-on to make this possible.

Top Bottom