Over-optimisation slows your site

Do you mean litespeed tech support or Knownhost?

Just logged into litespeed webs server console. Below is what I see... Looks a bit empty!

1582566112609.webp

I am paying for both litespeed and the LS cache. I've got the plugin installed for Xenforo and edited the htaccess file. It shows a litespeed hit in Google Developer Tools. But now I am thinking, am I actually caching anything at all, since that tab shows nothing set in the cache section. Help!!

I meant Knownhost Tech Support. Ask them to check your settings.

By the way, ignore the Page Speed tab. That's just for the Google Pagespeed Apache module.

The values are empty because they're at their defaults. It only displays a value if it's been set by the user.

The server response in Chrome dev tools should show you a cache hit response as one of the headers.

@dknife Are you saying the cache may be running fine because I got a hit registered in Chrome dev tools, even though I haven't edited the defaults?

@eva2000 I am mighty impressed with your site. I've picked up 4 ideas for my forum based off of it: 1. Great first reply to introductions, 2. Force a introduction thread (although not 100% sure about that). 3. Newsletter. Was already looking into this but couldn't make up my mind between Threadloom or the addon guy. 4. Paid membership options. Got some ideas there too.

I am using litespeed etc rather than nginx, but still felt value to join your site. Great job.

Yes, gut feelings for the loss! Since switching to Cloudflare, my pageinsights scores have sometimes dropped below 90 for the first time.

My webpagetest has gotten worse!

1582572460230.png

I used to have A for First Byte Time. And I think I had D for Cache static content before.

I've seen those before but skated over them a bit because I feel overwhelmed! Lots of the references are to things I don't really understand. I am a techie kinda guy, ex programmer etc. but there is a limit to the rate of input of all these things! I have partial understanding of many bits, but its a bit like me putting the ingredients in to bake a victoria sponge and it comes out like a brick!

Hey, I've just noticed something quite odd. On the Summary page, I get this score:

1582573475512.webp

But on the Performance Review page i get this score:

1582573510994.webp

Odd!

Make sure you add a page rule for
/css.php*
and set to: Cache everything.

I'd also set "cache TTL" to 1 year on Cloudflare's cache tab.

I've seen those before but skated over them a bit because I feel overwhelmed! Lots of the references are to things I don't really understand. I am a techie kinda guy, ex programmer etc. but there is a limit to the rate of input of all these things! I have partial understanding of many bits, but its a bit like me putting the ingredients in to bake a victoria sponge and it comes out like a brick!

Hey, I've just noticed something quite odd. On the Summary page, I get this score:

View attachment 219149

But on the Performance Review page i get this score:

View attachment 219150

Odd!
Hi,
I too have just done some tests but I don't get the summary score showing. Is there a defined setting we need to apply to get them?
Many thanks

Does that mean if I have no Page Rules set, I am not actually caching much? Or is it that I will be caching some things like images, but css, javascript etc requires Page Rules else they won't be cached?

Top Bottom