Outdated templates

AndreaMarucci

Just upgraded to 1.0.1 I've some outdated templates. If I click on one of the outdated templates I see the OLD template and if I search for that template in the template list I always see the OLD template.

Sorry but I don't understand how to see the NEW template so that I can copy the modifications from the OLD one and include them in the NEW template...

Thanks!

Just revert the templates and reapply your edits.
The latest templates and new code won't be available until you revert them.

Presumably you have a copy of all the edits you've made in a file somewhere?
I keep a copy of all edited templates on my PC and then do a comparison with the new templates using Notepad++.

What are outdated templates and why do I need to revert them? Can't I just continue using the old ones?
If a template is changed between releases, i.e. from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1, and you have manually edited it, then it will be marked as outdated. This is done because the software doesn't automatically overwrite those templates, thereby causing certain functionality which you have added to be lost. It is an indication that the core code has changed and you need to take action. The software will continue to function with these outdated templates but you may be missing important updates and bug fixes so it is recommended to revert and reapply any edits.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

One of the nice things about VB was that you could see a diff between what you have and what would be applied. I'd like to see that feature in Xenforo. I just did an upgrade to 1.0.4 and have a rather daunting task of trying to figure out where I need to fix things.

Top Bottom