XF 2.2 Outdated templates question

cb_tree

So when I run Automatically merge it says
Code:
All automatically mergeable templates have been processed. Any remaining templates will need to be manually processed.

Yet the templates still appear below and have the message
Code:
There are templates that may be outdated. Click here to review them
in my admincp.

I have a question. When upgrading themes or Xenforo itself will it override my changes made to my forum?

As the message states, you need to manually handle any templates which can't be merged automatically.

You may have to revert and edit them again.

When upgrading themes or Xenforo itself will it override my changes made to my forum?
What changes?

If you mean option settings, permissions, etc., no.

As the message states, you need to manually handle any templates which can't be merged automatically.

You may have to revert and edit them again.

What changes?

If you mean option settings, permissions, etc., no.

Changes I made to the templates itself, e.g. thread_list_macros. Or my extra.less file.

One more question, while manually merging templates I'm greeted with Resolve using parent version, Resolve using both, and Resolve using custom version.

From what I understand I need to choose Resolve using parent version for the new theme/forum version updates to take effect.

Now, my question is that I don't remember the exact changes I made to my templates, and the yellow highlighted area shows a mixture of both old template code that will be replaced as well as my code. How do I find the exact modifications I made?

Also, what does the blue highlighted area represent?

Changes I made to the templates itself, e.g. thread_list_macros. Or my extra.less file.
Templates will be marked outdated to alert you to the fact that action needs to be taken.

The extra.less template is never affected.

How do I find the exact modifications I made?
You will need to compare to a default template if you don't have any notes of the changes you made.

This thread explains how outdated templates and merging works.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/template-merging-and-history.48846/

If you have installed a third-party style and kept your changes in a child style, you wouldn't see any outdated templates if you updated the third-party style. With these changes, updating a templates in a parent style will mark child templates as outdated (if necessary).

I do have a child style where I made the changes and I do see outdated templates for my parent style.

Line 369: Template tags are not well formed. Tag if was found when expecting set. - Template name: public:PAGE_CONTAINER

I get this error when trying to merge PAGE_CONTAINER, I've tried all methods to no avail and even reverted the template, but it's gone! It made all the text on my forum 120px... It's essentially destroyed.

I've seen that error pop up a few times on forums with the Social groups installed. You wouldn't by chance have that installed, would you? They had to disable this plugin to edit that template.

If you're running a third-party style, I'd try reaching out to the author.

I've seen that error pop up a few times on forums with the Social groups installed. You wouldn't by chance have that installed, would you? They had to disable this plugin to edit that template.

If you're running a third-party style, I'd try reaching out to the author.

No, I don't have that installed.

But I upgraded the theme before hand?

Top Bottom