XF 1.3 Outdated Template Merging

TDUBS

Hello,

So I noticed I've been having the notification that's telling me I have outdated templates that need merging for my various styles. However, when I click "Automatically Merge Changes," they don't do anything. Same for when I manually click "Merge Changes." There were like 3 that displayed the code change I needed to make, which I did and it fixed the issues for those outdated templates, but there's still a bunch showing. Whenever I try clicking "Merge Changes," it says "No previous version of the parent could be found. Merging is not possible."

Thanks!

Outdated means that the master version of the template has been edited more recently than your version of the template. As such, your version can't incorporate whatever changes were made.

The specific error when merging means that there is no version that can be compared to determine what changes have been made between the old and the new version of the master. (This data is only kept for 30 or 60 days by default.)

As such, merging can't be done automatically. You need to determine your changes and reapply those to the new version of the master template.

In terms of 3rd party styles though, you should contact the author for a version that is designed for your version of XF.

I couldn't say if you're explicitly ok. If your template was edited in 1.4 RC 1 and the parent/master was edited in 1.4 RC 2, you clearly wouldn't have whatever change was made between RC 1 and 2. That's likely to just be a small change, but it can't be guaranteed. For example, from 1.3 to 1.4, the registration template changed significantly to support the new anti-spam behaviors. If you left that template outdated (using the 1.3 version), you would have broken registration entirely.

Top Bottom