Outdated Template & Amended Custome Titles.

PNE-Online

Upgraded the software last week and since then we have been getting a Outdated Tenplate Error on Page Container.

We use novus theme and default.

Also all over 10000 user custom titles have reverted to the number '0'

After some digging its when we changed to Xenforo from VB.

Is there a way to change all these back without having to go into every single users.

That would work but it won't solve the problem on the two styles the uses can select.
It's basic trouble-shooting 101. If it works on a default style, but not on the aftermarket style, it's a pretty good indicator it's something related directly to the aftermarket style. If it happens on the default style also, then it is more likely to not be a style issue.
Your "issues" seem to be all over the map.
Either the issue occurred when you migrated from vB to XF, or it occurred when you upgraded your XF that resulted in a template issue.

Have you looked at the actual outdated template to see WHAT is outdated in it, to find out it might be some custom code in there specific to your custom title issue?

Updated our forum to v2.2.12 last week. It seems to have inserted a 0 or a 1 into the Custom title field for any user who did not have a custom title -- which is most of our 3,385 forum members.

I am now removing these 0s and 1s from our members, one-by-one, so their titles reflect the User Group to which they belong.

This is tedious work. I would humbly request that future XF releases don't modify the Custom Title field.

I haven't noticed this on this site, or my site and we've had no other reports.
If it was a general bug I would have expected many more reports by now.

Which add-ons do you @RisingSun and @PNE-Online have installed?
I wonder if there is something common.

I haven't noticed this on this site, or my site and we've had no other reports.
If it was a general bug I would have expected many more reports by now.

Previously, the field was not displayed if custom titles were not used, even if values were entered there by users.
Today, (2.2.12) custom titles are displayed as soon as user profile settings contain values, even if they are not used at all and you do only use the default user tiering ( User title override: Use the default user title ladder ).

So did XF previously ignore the Custom Title field if there was only one character in it, but display it if there were more characters? We use the field to show our club officers but don't touch it for most members.

Pretty sure the 0 in the field is a leftover artifact from our migration from vBulletin a few years ago.

So did XF previously ignore the Custom Title field if there was only one character in it, but display it if there were more characters? We use the field to show our club officers but don't touch it for most members.
Don't know about previously, as I can't check for sure on my site as it's the latest version... but 1 character does show in it or multiple characters on 2.2.12.

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 6.16.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 6.18.02 PM.png

On another site that I am a member of (1.x version) it does the same.

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 6.20.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 6.20.57 PM.png

Thanks for all your feedback.

I am guessing then there is no way to change them all unless we go into each indervidual account?

The custom title is part of incentives for paid up members so would be helpful if we could sort it.

The only add on I think we have in common is mediasuites.

Top Bottom