Partial fix Out of memory if user is following too many

digitalpoint

I have a user that is following about 30,000 people (don't ask me why)... If you go to their following page, you end up with an out of memory error (we have 512MB allowed for PHP processes).

I see there's a note to maybe add pagination within the XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member::actionFollowing() (and followers) method... might not be a bad idea. :)

I thought we actually limited you to following a certain amount of people... If not, it's going to be limited to 1000.

Nice way to spam people: Follow them and when the followed users go to your account page they see your linked webpage.

Followers are now limited (given that it doesn't really make sense to let people go insane there), though yes this could theoretically come up in some other places (hence, "partial fix").

Followers are now limited (given that it doesn't really make sense to let people go insane there), though yes this could theoretically come up in some other places (hence, "partial fix").

Did you add pagination on the followers page ? It's really important...

limiting the followers (people who follow you) not a good idea, bcoz some popular person may get 10,000 followers who wanna get to know about his posts.
Its okay to limit the number of people one can follow. (following)

As others said adding load more.. button and adding 25 members at each load is the best solution. Its essential for large boards.

Is there a way to allow more followers than 1000? I have members who have 2500 followers and I would like to allow them to have this work for them.

Top Bottom