• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Other people to my website

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I fixed the previous issue, now I am on the final step... I went to my mac instead of my laptop to test my forum out and it said that my website url couldn't be found or whatever. Basically I can only access my website through localhost, Someone please help with this issue.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Have you installed it on your computer rather than a publicly accessible web server?

Do you have a domain and hosting?
If not, you will need to purchase those and install it there.

Have you installed it on your computer rather than a publicly accessible web server?

Do you have a domain and hosting?
If not, you will need to purchase those and install it there.
I am a really big noob with this stuff, can you please explain it a little more to someone who doesn't quite understand.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Buy a domain (URL).

Purchase hosting.

Install XenForo on your hosts server.

That will then make the site available on the internet.

I would use the contact form on the site to find the best product/package for your needs. I

I'm a bit confused.I thought you said this site wasn't publically viewable, ie your URL can't be found? So how can it already have members?
My brother and a couple cousins made account from my laptop.

You would need to import your database. Whatever host you choose should be able to help you with that.
Thanks
I would use the contact form on the site to find the best product/package for your needs. I

I'm a bit confused.I thought you said this site wasn't publically viewable, ie your URL can't be found? So how can it already have members?
And how do I buy that from the website u reccommended

Status
Not open for further replies.