Organisation owned licenses

Jarvis

Hi there,

My organisation have(had? unsure) a license. However it's seemingly always been just 'assigned' to the existing head of IT at the time.

As such, we're now in a predicament where the head IT has changed again, and we're unable to transfer the license over > 1 times.

Regardless of it we need to buy a new license or not - does XF support organisation owned licenses? If not, what's the intended solution? Just create a shared email account for the 'xenforo' items? Like 'xenforo@domain.tld', and give the head of IT access to that inbox?

Really confused here.

If the previous license transfer was "internal" i.e. to a different member of staff within the same organisation then that shouldn't count towards the transfer limit. You shouldn't need to purchase a new license if the company already owns one.

Please open a ticket and we will be able to answer in more detail once we can see the specific situation on the relevant account.

Hi @Chris D

I'd appreciate some assistance as we're being told we've "clearly violated" some policies and our license has seemingly been removed by simply attempting to change the owner of the account. We have just recently renewed the license and have been customers for 5 years so I would appreciate any assistance you can give us with this.

Thanks,
Matt

Your response to the tickets have been received and they will be dealt with in due course.

It wasn't made clear in the first instance that this was changing hands within the same organisation so it will now be dealt with accordingly.

Top Bottom