Not planned Option to enable/disable image/link proxy hash

Wulfspider

Right now I am modifying the ProxyOutput.php to disable the image/link proxy hash function so that I can use it in templates. I'd love to see an option to disable it in the settings, so that the modification isn't necessary.

If there is a way to recreate the hash in the template, I'd settle for that, but I looked and couldn't find a way.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The hash is there to help prevent abuse and arguably for security as well. Removing it doesn't make sense for the designed usage.

I'm not sure why you'd use the proxy system in templates though. Wouldn't it make more sense to simply reference the image directly (possibly saving it locally instead)?

The hash is there to help prevent abuse and arguably for security as well. Removing it doesn't make sense for the designed usage.

I'm not sure why you'd use the proxy system in templates though. Wouldn't it make more sense to simply reference the image directly (possibly saving it locally instead)?
I'm sure a lot of things would make more sense. I do understand why it is there though.

I'm trying to work around not being able to use custom resource fields on the Resources index, allowing users to specify URLs for images in the tag line instead, but I want them proxied for the caching and SSL benefits.

Top Bottom