1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Optimizing forum

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by JMEWLS, Oct 29, 2013.

JMEWLS Active Member

Hello, I've been in contact with my host and they're suggesting I optimize my forum? I'm on a shared hosting plan and am only running 4 plugins which where all previously working fine:

Master Forums
    Mobile Style Selector
    [Nobita] Threads and messages per page
    [RT] online status ribbon

Any suggestions to optimize my forum?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Optimise in what way?

Sounds like you may need to consider a new host.

If your forum is experiencing problems, disable add-ons and try again.

JMEWLS Active Member

As in upgrade to VPS maybe? Or should we consider a new host all together? Currently on hostgators shared hosting.

JMEWLS Active Member

Also in contact with my host they're saying my forums using up too many processes (the default is 25). My forum was running fine before and suddenly I'm getting a lot of errors/timeouts. They're saying I must optimize the forum, the terms being used pretty loosely to be honest.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Amaury likes this.

JMEWLS Active Member

Sorry about the bump but it's time to move servers. I've recently been suspended because of this large load time. It's weird because the activity fluctuates and it really shouldn't be this high. I don't know why... Unless my sites suddenly on the rise (which I doubt). I got an email today:

Apologies, my knowledge when it comes to this is bad so I'll just attach the email they sent to me.

JMEWLS Active Member

JMEWLS Active Member

JMEWLS Active Member