Resource icon

Optimized List Queries by Xon 1.4.3

No permission to download
This plugin causes Members Online Now to only display Staff, rather than all members online. I disabled all of my plugins and enabled them 1 by 1 and figured out this was the culprit.

Screenshot_15-43-47.png

This plugin causes Members Online Now to only display Staff, rather than all members online. I disabled all of my plugins and enabled them 1 by 1 and figured out this was the culprit.

Screenshot_15-43-47.png
Yes and that is intended.

Note; converting the xf_session_activity table from MEMORY to InnoDB is likely a good idea if you want to use the Members Online query tuning.

Should be "Optimized List Queries by Xon 1.1.1" right?
I typed the update post.

Members only? As I get 900-1300 including guest.
That number includes guests. Each page request to the forum index pulls all the session activity records which can include guest/robot records. My rough testing is about a 20-30% performance boost on the index page. when in debug mode.

It is up to you to decide if showing a list of users the viewer likely has no idea about is worth the performance hit.

Reactions: rdn
My forum which I have just moved to xenforo 1.4.6 from vbulletin is also having issues several times per day with the xf_session_activity table locking and causing the site to come to a standstill. Unfortunately haven't managed to resolve the issue yet, we've now tried changing this to innodb table instead of memory. Our site only has around 600 current users on at any one time.

Looks like this is a major issue for popular forums running xenforo.
fyi, but you may be interested in the Members Online functionality changes I've done in the latest versions of this add-on.

This makes a measurable difference with 1000-2000 members/guests online, and in artificial testing a large significant difference with ~6k users online.

Note; converting the xf_session_activity table from MEMORY to InnoDB is likely a good idea if you want to use the Members Online query tuning.
I have mine set to InnoDB already I think for more than a year now :).

Reactions: Xon

Screenshot_15-43-47.png

I'm not 100% sure if this is caused by the plugin since I know you added an option for it and it essentially fixed the above problem. However, once I updated my theme, this problem returned. I'm in contact with the theme author but I wanted to bring it to your attention in case something happened where the option you created to disable it no longer works. @Xon

I'm not 100% sure if this is caused by the plugin since I know you added an option for it and it essentially fixed the above problem. However, once I updated my theme, this problem returned. I'm in contact with the theme author but I wanted to bring it to your attention in case something happened where the option you created to disable it no longer works. @Xon
There is an option to disable the code-path which causes this, as I don't have plans to support this functionality in the near future.

Reactions: rdn
It just needs a caching system set up with XenForo.

Technically you could use a file-based caching system, but I strongly don't recommend that.
Xcache does have a data cache. Will it or won't it work with it?

Top Bottom