Fixed Opera: Edited posts not stored

Marcus

I have edited some of my posts within the last 12 hours and the result was more often not stored than it was stored. I am clicking fast so this could be a problem.

1. I click on "edit"
2. I edit the post which can take minutes
3. "Save Changes"
4. Post is displayed but with the old content

Browser is Opera in the latest release and Windows 7.

Just testing, will tell if I can reproduce :)

testtest, loldededededededede

Okay so I managed to reproduce this, he forgot to tell one thing though.
The first time you edit a post it will work, but if you then edit again (without refreshing the page) the changes you make will not be saved.

I have edited some of my posts within the last 12 hours and the result was more often not stored than it was stored. I am clicking fast so this could be a problem.

1. I click on "edit"
2. I edit the post which can take minutes
3. "Save Changes"
4. Post is displayed but with the old content

Browser is Opera in the latest release and Windows 7.

I've had the same issue with FireFox 7 also, but what I have spotted it seems to be related with the POP-UP editor. If you move from the POP-UP to Full Editor by click the link in it, then make edits and save. They are shown OK every time. With FireFox 7 I've found at least anyhow.

Yes, it's something to do with TinyMCE's submit event not firing for a second time with Firefox and Opera. Looking at the output from the debugger, the altered data on the second submit isn't passed to the server at all. It works fine in Chrome, which would suggest a bug in TinyMCE. I'll check some other browsers to see if I can work it out.

Internet Explorer seems fine, as do Chrome and Safari.

It would appear that Firefox is affected right back to version 3.6, and maybe earlier before.

I haven't tested historical versions of Opera because frankly, who cares?

Fixed now. It would appear that Firefox and Opera fail to properly submit the edited data on a recreation of an editor with the same ID as a previous instance. I've fixed it by forcing a new unique editor ID whenever the editor is requested.

Is there no chance of a "quick fix" for this now to be used, as I've disabled the POP-UP editor on my forum but really would like it enabled for better and faster posting. If not fair enough I'll wait, just wondering that's all?

This problem seems to persist in private Conversations. Right after saving a reply, try to edit it again, it doesn't save changes + removes line breaks.

Top Bottom