1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opening links in new windows/tabs

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by discoian, Feb 22, 2011.

1. discoian

discoian Active Member

Is it possible that XF will open a new window/tab when a link is clicked on inside a topic?

2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Links open in a new browser unless they point to the same forum.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It does for external links but not not for internal links by default.
    You could add target="_blank" to all internal links if you wanted the same behaviour.

4. discoian

discoian Active Member

Ok so links open on the same screen if they are on the same domain?

Hmm...ok not really what I want but at least I know now. I have a wordpress install elsewhere on the same domain that I need to link into but would like the links to open in a new tab hence the need for a global "open in a new window" option - maybe that's something that could be added to a future release, give us the option. I can understand your workflow however.

5. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

Sory to revive an old thread ... but :eek:

I am creating some Link forum on a new forum - for example one going to a radio station. I want it to open in a new window (the same with a link to a wiki page) - but there are no such options in the forum section creation pages (nodes).

Is it possible to create this - and how?

6. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

I dont think thats possible...

7. Lykke

Lykke Well-Known Member

It should be ;) ... Wouldn't it be semi-easy to add a check box in the section when you create a link forum with *open in new window* ?

8. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

yes... for that you need to edit the coding ;) or you have to create an add-on...