Open PDF

Open PDF [Paid] 1.3

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Open PDF - Opens PDF attachments in the browser.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $25.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Note: all my XF1 add-ons are still 100% free and are supported by donations.

Description:

Opens PDF attachments in the browser.

By default XenForo requires PDF...
Read more about this resource...

ALMUSA

Great add-on makes it easy for users to have pdf files for quick read and quick response.

Last edited:

rockstarmind

Hey @AndyB - I just installed this and the Open MP3....Open MP3 works perfectly, but this one still downloads the PDF (rather than open it in Chrome). I'm using XF2.1.2

djbaxter

You need to change the default actions in your browser options.

For Firefox, click the hamburger menu, select options, scroll down to Applications, and click on mp3. I have mine set to "Always ask" - yours is probably set to Save as...

I'm not sure where the equivalent setting is in Chrome; I rarely use it and then only for checking sites.

However, With @AndyB's addon, the PDF now opens in a new tab. In Settings >> Advanced >> Downloads, I have "Ask where to save each file before downloading" set to ON. You might try that.

gerryvz

I believe the Q&A says that PDF files only open in Firefox and Safari, but NOT in Chrome, with this add-on.

Davey-UK

@AndyB Does this addon make all PDF files open in the browser, or could it be overridden in some way in a template edit to allow an extra button to be manually placed to download if required? Basically, does your addon overwrite the function altogether, or can it be excluded when required.
I know there is a download link in the open PDF, but just curious if i could make this work with manual edits.
Example:

pdfdownloads.jpg