Lack of interest Open Media in Overlay

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can already do this:

• On the index page, click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom right of each media item
  • On the page for an individual media item, click on the magnifying glass button at the top or click directly on the image itself

• On the index page, click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom right of each media item
  • On the page for an individual media item, click on the magnifying glass button at the top or click directly on the image itself

Concerning point 2: it's not the magnifying glass button the enduser needs to click to open the image in a lightbox. You need to press the 'image' icon to achieve that. And in my eyes this is quite confusing. as I expressed in this suggestion earlier:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/improvements-in-the-ui-the-buttons-image-button.87770/

Concerning point 2: it's not the magnifying glass button the enduser needs to click to open the image in a lightbox. You need to press the 'image' icon to achieve that. And in my eyes this is quite confusing. as I expressed in this suggestion earlier:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/improvements-in-the-ui-the-buttons-image-button.87770/
Actually we're both correct. On the index page it is the magnifying glass button that opens the overlay. On the individual media page it's the image icoin for the overlay, the magnifying glass button opens the full image.

I'd not noticed this before. The magnifying glass button should do the same thing on both pages.

Actually we're both correct. On the index page it is the magnifying glass button that opens the overlay. On the individual media page it's the image icoin for the overlay, the magnifying glass button opens the full image.

That is why I specifically referred to point 2 in your list... since the 'problem' is only on that individual media item-page. The problem being that an image-icon is used for opening the lightbox, whereas this same image-icon has a totally different meaning in XF the forum product.

I'd not noticed this before. The magnifying glass button should do the same thing on both pages.

Ofcourse it should indeed.

That is why I specifically referred to point 2 in your list... since the 'problem' is only on that individual media item-page. The problem being that an image-icon is used for opening the lightbox, whereas this same image-icon has a totally different meaning in XF the forum product.

Ofcourse it should indeed.
Sorry, misread your post, I thought you meant both. So yes, it is confusing and should be consistent. I'm surprised I didn't spot it before though to be honest I don't use the lightbox.

Top Bottom