1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Open Media in Overlay

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Closed Suggestions' started by erich37, Dec 12, 2014.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You can already do this:

• On the index page, click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom right of each media item
    • On the page for an individual media item, click on the magnifying glass button at the top or click directly on the image itself

3. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

opening the "Media Page" in an "overlay".

As per examples mentioned.

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Your thread title and description don't say 'page' anywhere.

Grover likes this.
  5. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Concerning point 2: it's not the magnifying glass button the enduser needs to click to open the image in a lightbox. You need to press the 'image' icon to achieve that. And in my eyes this is quite confusing. as I expressed in this suggestion earlier:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/improvements-in-the-ui-the-buttons-image-button.87770/

6. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Actually we're both correct. On the index page it is the magnifying glass button that opens the overlay. On the individual media page it's the image icoin for the overlay, the magnifying glass button opens the full image.

I'd not noticed this before. The magnifying glass button should do the same thing on both pages.

7. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

That is why I specifically referred to point 2 in your list... since the 'problem' is only on that individual media item-page. The problem being that an image-icon is used for opening the lightbox, whereas this same image-icon has a totally different meaning in XF the forum product.

Ofcourse it should indeed.

8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Sorry, misread your post, I thought you meant both. So yes, it is confusing and should be consistent. I'm surprised I didn't spot it before though to be honest I don't use the lightbox.

Grover likes this.
  9. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member