• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RM 1.1 Open external download link in new tab ?

Greetings,
I have some resources that are uploaded elsewhere, so the Download via external site button is present. Problem is that when clicking the button it follows in the same tab/window. So after the download is finished, unless user clicks the back button, he is gone.
How could I modify the behavior so that clicking the Download button opens the link in a new tab ?

Thank you in advance and sorry for the noobish question (I realize that might not even be linked to RM behavior but maybe general web language..)

Lucian.

Hate to waste your time, but could you be more specific ? As where do I look for it ? :notworthy:
In Appearance>Styles>My_Style>Templates I have only found one attachment_upload_button and the code is:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$attachmentParams}">

<xen:require js="js/xenforo/attachment_editor.js" />
    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.swfUpload} AND {$visitor.enable_flash_uploader}">
        <xen:require js="js/swfupload/swfupload.min.js" />
    </xen:if>   
    <xen:require css="attachment_editor.css" />

<span id="AttachmentUploader" class="buttonProxy AttachmentUploader"
        style="display: none"
        data-placeholder="#SWFUploadPlaceHolder"
        data-trigger="#ctrl_uploader"
        data-postname="upload"
        data-maxfilesize="{$attachmentConstraints.size}"
        data-maxuploads="{$attachmentConstraints.count}"
        data-extensions="{xen:helper implode, $attachmentConstraints.extensions, ','}"
        data-action="{xen:link 'full:attachments/do-upload.json', '',
            'hash={$attachmentParams.hash}',
            'content_type={$attachmentParams.content_type}',
            'key={$attachmentButtonKey}'}"
        data-uniquekey="{$attachmentButtonKey}"
        data-err-110="{xen:phrase uploaded_file_is_too_large}"
        data-err-120="{xen:phrase uploaded_file_is_empty}"
        data-err-130="{xen:phrase uploaded_file_does_not_have_an_allowed_extension}"
        data-err-unknown="{xen:phrase upload_failed}">

<span id="SWFUploadPlaceHolder"></span>       

<input type="button" value="{xen:if {$buttonText}, {xen:raw $buttonText}, {xen:phrase upload_file}}"
            id="ctrl_uploader" class="button OverlayTrigger DisableOnSubmit"
            data-href="{xen:link full:attachments/upload, '', '_params={$attachmentParams}', 'key={$attachmentButtonKey}'}"
            data-hider="#AttachmentUploader" />
        <span class="HiddenInput" data-name="_xfSessionId" data-value="{$sessionId}"></span>
        <xen:foreach loop="$attachmentParams.content_data" key="$dataKey" value="$dataValue"><span class="HiddenInput" data-name="content_data[{$dataKey}]" data-value="{$dataValue}"></span>
        </xen:foreach>
    </span>

<noscript>
        <a href="{xen:link 'attachments/upload', '', '_params={$attachmentParams}'}" class="button" target="_blank">{xen:if {$buttonText}, {xen:raw $buttonText}, {xen:phrase upload_file}}</a>
    </noscript>

</xen:if>

BassMan

I use it like you want.

Open resource_view_header template.

Find:
Code:
<a href="{xen:link resources/download, $resource, 'version={$resource.current_version_id}'}" class="inner">
Replace:
Code:
<a href="{xen:link resources/download, $resource, 'version={$resource.current_version_id}'}" class="inner" target="blank">