XF 2.0 Open ALL links in New Tab Xenforo 2

ElgrandOC

Hi Guys,

Whilst I was using Xenforo 1, there was an add on that enabled me to have all links opening as a new tab, which prevented users navigating away from the forum when clicking on a link. Is there anything like this built into Xenforo 2? I've searched the settings and stuff, so unless I'm being blind, I don't think it's there. If not, I guess I'll need to wait for one of the awesome developers to create one so that I can install it to the forum.

I'm finding it rather annoying that each link I click takes me away from the forum, and then have to re-load it in a new tab, rather than just being able to switch tabs.

Thanks.

That's really an option from within your browser. With Chrome and Firefox here, clicking on a link opens either a new tab or window, doesn't use existing one.

Nope. Some links in my forum open in a new tab, others open in the existing tab. In Xen 1 there was an add on I installed that meant all links (both internal and external) opened in a new tab in the browser. But that add on is not yet available, and I assumed it would be an option within the settings that you could set. I imagine most people want links to open in a new tab rather than navigating the user away from the site?!

I imagine most people want links to open in a new tab rather than navigating the user away from the site?!
Yes, I'm sure that most people do want external links to open in a new tab (which is what happens in both XF1 and XF2). It's only internal links that open in the same tab, something I'm sure that most people would prefer when navigating a singular site.

I have external links that open in the same tab. For example, I have added additional tabs along the Nav Bar on my forum. The tabs are for other sites I have within our club (a shop, a wiki, a magazine etc). These are all "internal" for the club, not NOT internal for Xenforo.
I also have links to our partner websites, but again, if you click them, it opens in the same tab, NOT a new one.

Try for yourself - http://forum.elgrandoc.uk - try the links on the nav bar. You'll see my issue.

I have just made a test thread with an internal and an external link contained within.

The internal link opens in the same tab (as I would expect it to). The external link opens in a new tab (as I would expect it to).

So it appears that my only issue is with links added to the Nav bar?

EDIT: Just checked in the Navigation settings (where I edited the Nav bar) and there are no options I have missed to open in a new tab. So any help on this would be appreciated.

Top Bottom