Lack of interest Open ALL images in lightbox (Embeded & Attached)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

askandy

While the Setup>Options>Messages > "Lightbox displays all attached images on page" feature is somewhat helpful, it's incomplete.

Many of our threads/posts have embedded images, which the above feature does not take into account.

As such, there could be 30 photos within the posts of a thread, none of them added as attachments, and as such, the Gallery / Lightbox feature would not work.

We'd love to have the ability to have all images (attached and embeded) in a Gallery / Lightbox.

This would make navigating images throughout a thread so much easier, and would provide an overall better visiting experience.

Is this possible? If so, what would be the quickest way to get this feature implemented?

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
By people 'liking' this post and XF judging based upon that.

The only problem I have with this is that some attachments might be zip files. How would you handle opening those?

The only problem I have with this is that some attachments might be zip files. How would you handle opening those?

@frm - The existing feature only works for attached files, so it must already know how to preview/view image files, while avoiding non-image files.

I would assume it would be similar for embeded objects. The system would have to detect what type file of object it is, and if was an image, the previewer/lightbox would support & show it.

Top Bottom