ooooooo is this new?

Am I right in thinking the log in has changed - it is now one tab from username to password, instead of two?
I never log out once I log in on any site, but I logged out just to check this. Awesome I always get annoyed on other sites where I hit tab and it takes it to a check box xD

anyone noticed the lightbox changes? the left/next arrows having rounded transparent corners, clicking on them would now scroll the thumbnail image onto the next/previous one, nice stuff!

anyone noticed the lightbox changes? the left/next arrows having rounded transparent corners, clicking on them would now scroll the thumbnail image onto the next/previous one, nice stuff!
That is a nice feature, I just noticed the mac style swipe navigation.. Nice :D

Any idea if we will be able to exclude prefixes from the "What's New"? I know that we will be able to do that with sub boards, but wondering about prefixes.

I hate the ignore feature:(

Now i know why it didn't work for me yesterday=>all posts which i saw from ignored people where the last posts in the threads (and they are never hidden:( ).
I've forgotten this, that's why i started a ticket:D

Can't wait to get the same questions on the live boards once we switch to xf

I've skimmed a few threads already, but anyway...the new alerts in the lower left corner are nice. I am curious though--do they pop up whenever an event happens, or is it only refreshed with every page load? I know the red alert balloon next to Inbox and Alerts in 1.0 refreshes when a page is refreshed. Just wondered if anything has changed. (I think Facebook spoils some users who expect these little extras to pop up when they have incoming activity. ;) )

If you trigger an ajax query then any new alerts will be displayed.

Clicking on an avatar when viewing a thread, for example.

If you trigger an ajax query then any new alerts will be displayed.

Clicking on an avatar when viewing a thread, for example.

OK, that makes sense.

It would be nice to have it load alerts on its own automatically, but that presents a lot of other issues that we may not want to deal with (including wasted server load).

I was just skimming over a list of threads within a forum, reading each popup as I hovered over a link, and I just got the alert for your reply here. Slick! That is about as good as realtime updates.

I am also thinking that if a person loads a page and then walks away from the computer for awhile, those alerts are wasted. No sense in pushing out alerts if nobody is there to read them. There are enough AJAX triggers in a standard XF page to make it seem like realtime alerts are happening.

I am also thinking that if a person loads a page and then walks away from the computer for awhile, those alerts are wasted. No sense in pushing out alerts if nobody is there to read them. There are enough AJAX triggers in a standard XF page to make it seem like realtime alerts are happening.
users always want to be inform even if they not on the desk :D

Just to confirm, 1.1 will have custom profile fields, right? I know it was already confirmed in an older thread, but anything can happen in development in a couple of months' time.

Top Bottom