XF 1.5 Only show....

lookforthat

only show online status when logged in, not by ip address... In other words... if I'm NOT logged in, and I'm on my home computer... it will still show me as being online, even though I'm not logged in.

Last edited:
Essentially I don't want to have a user show green online status if they've been away from the computer for a certain period of time... So I came across to post that said this could be done in the administrator panel with "online status timeout" I tested this as a user and I let the elapsed time pasted I was still able to post, ect. It never Auto logged me out after the 5 mins past.

I didn't see you online on your site now. When you see yourself as online, what does it say your last activity was?

I tested this as a user and I let the elapsed time pasted I was still able to post, ect. It never Auto logged me out after the 5 mins past.
This option controls how long you appear online for after your last page view. It's independent from your session timing out (potentially logging you out). There is no direct control over that time limit.

It takes over an hour of inactivity and a browser window being open may use the keep alive system to keep you logged in.

It will only log you out if you don't have "stay logged in" selected.

Okay so the question that I have is... if the stay logged in button is not checked off how long will it take before user gets log out off the forum??? Please keep in mind I'm talking about version 1.5

123Capture.webp

The user will get logged out after the current browsing session (when the browser is closed) or if the XF session expiry date is exceeded (which is set at one hour, but continued use of the forum will extend the expiry date).

I'm running forum on an Amazon ec2 instance... The way the architecture is set up I'd rather not use server system resources if the user is idle for 1 hour... Can I change that to 1/2 hour???

Not without making code changes so generally on your own there. Might be worth posting a new thread in the Development Discussions forum.

Top Bottom