Lack of interest Only show albums added within the last X days (Media Home)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

imthebest

Please provide the same option that currently exists for media: "Only show media added within the last X days (Media Home)"

But now for albums: "Only show albums added within the last X days (Media Home)".

Thanks,
Super120

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
As this is a suggestion, can you explain in more detail exactly how this would work? For example:

1. What exactly would it show for new albums?
  2. What would happen if no new albums are created in the recent period (eg if users only added to existing albums)?
  3. How would users find new media added to categories with this option selected? (You can't assume that admins using this option aren't using categories too)

Currently Media Home shows new media added to both categories and to albums.

1. Those albums that have been added within the last X days.
2. No albums will be listed.
3. I'm sorry but I really don't know, I don't use categories at all.

Thanks,
Super120

What would happen if no new albums are created in the recent period (eg if users only added to existing albums)?

No albums will be listed.

So that would result in a blank pages, which wouldn't look very good.

It will be the same that will happen if no media has been added within the last X days when you have enabled the option "Only show media added within the last X days (Media Home)" so I think it will be fine.

The only problem might be the categories and here I have nothing to say because I don't use the feature and don't know how it works.

It will be the same that will happen if no media has been added within the last X days when you have enabled the option "Only show media added within the last X days (Media Home)" so I think it will be fine.
Less likely with the current Media option. Members are likely to add new media but are less likely to create new albums in that period.

Top Bottom