Only 1,500 Members... so far...

TheLaw

Kier -

While there are only 1,500 members so far (pretty good for just three weeks time :) ), I think that many of us early member admins here would be with me when I say the following. When you're ready to handle a larger influx of curious visitors, we'd be glad to help spread the word and hope that you'll take that part of the marketing budget and invest it into the product. :)

Superb job so far in every way... technologically... aesthetically... and socially. Best of luck with it and warm regards from The States.

I can't understand why it's not on sale yet - it's clear from the weather that the summer has come to an end in the UK.

I'm assuming the times given are just a rough estimate when the product will arrive. They'll be developing and refining the product further so that when they release it'll be robust and stable and/or when they feel they are happy to pass on a stable/quality product to they're customers.

Kier -

While there are only 1,500 members so far (pretty good for just three weeks time :) ), I think that many of us early member admins here would be with me when I say the following. When you're ready to handle a larger influx of curious visitors, we'd be glad to help spread the word and hope that you'll take that part of the marketing budget and invest it into the product. :)

Superb job so far in every way... technologically... aesthetically... and socially. Best of luck with it and warm regards from The States.
Thanks very much for the offer - and once we start doing sales, please send us everyone you know!

Thanks very much for the offer - and once we start doing sales, please send us everyone you know!

As you know, the best business is made by personal referral. ;)

Kier, the real pleasure is having that same feeling of honesty, decency and courtesy permeate these forums as it had for so many years at Jelsoft, Mark I. People in this thread are asking "well why isn't it for sale yet?" The answer is why many of us have always given you, James and the old Jelsoft team high accolades. I always felt that you guys did not want to sell something that you weren't proud to sell and something that you wouldn't buy. While delays made some very uneasy and vocal, no one protested too much knowing that you'd release when it was *really* ready. This is in stark contrast with what has happened with that other company, with the surprise pre-sale of vBulletin 4 - selling something long before it was ready and without even allowing potential customers see what they had to buy so as to get a reasonable price.

XenForo is an easy sell since it's all out here for people to appreciate before they purchase. It's great to see that some people still believe that the primary goal is to create a truly great product. The financial success will follow and I always appreciated you guys remaining gracious and sharing something with the customers. I don't doubt James & Co. could have raised prices over the years but remained conservative - which I'm sure is what helped build vb.org. I'm expecting the same to follow here.

Glad to see you're the same old Kier in some fancy new digs. :)

BTW this post was a joke, in view of the shockingly bad weather we've been having over the weekend.
You're far from the first to ask such a question. And it doesn't change the way I felt when I did business with Jelsoft. Seemed like a bunch of successful developers who made excellent return and were happy that they were well compensated and many customers were afforded with the ability to do something fun and productive.

Talking about Jelsoft, do it while you can. The company will be "gone" in October. :( Nostalgia emerges for the first 7 years after the millennium.

Top Bottom