• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Online Status Indicator within Threads

Starting with the basics. If you do a view->source around the user's avatar, do you see <span class="UserOffline">? I guess I'll ask the other question...are you using the default style?

I do see UserOffline

I'm using the default style

FYI - allergychat.org

I'm using FF 3.6.

I was expecting the image in #15. Some image files in the first post would be nice.

I'm guessing the code I added to extra.css is showing only the dimming? It was so subtle I didn't notice as I was looking for a different image. I commented out the css and I get see no avatar change showing online/offline. So it is working correctly dimming. I just thought without any css in EXTRA.css that something would show. So, you must add the styling code to EXTRA.css for it to work? There is no default styling?

So the steps are:
1. Add files to /library/asp
2. Through Admin CP install OnlineStatus
3. Must add CSS code to EXTRA.css - I thought this was optional and the image in post #15 was the default stlye.

I'm using FF 3.6.

I was expecting the image in #15. Some image files in the first post would be nice.

I'm guessing the code I added to extra.css is showing only the dimming?

The version of the mod you installed only supports dimming.

Swap out the plugin.php file from the one in the first post. Then add the css for the version you're looking for.

It was just a hack to support that particular need. I've edited that post to ensure it's clearer.

To get the green dot I posted above, just empty the span like so: <span class="userOnline"></span>

And then add your custom css to EXTRA.css like this:
HTML:
.userOnline {
position:absolute;
right:3px;
top:3px;
height:6px;
width:6px;
border-radius:3px;
background-color: #009900;
}
were do i edit to show the dot iv added the css in EXTRA.css were else do i edit

were do i edit to show the dot iv added the css in EXTRA.css were else do i edit

If you installed the addon, try making the class .userUserOnline instead of .userOnline (within EXTRA.css). It's a bug that I'm hesitant to remove.

If that doesn't work, give me a link where I can take a look.

To get the green dot I posted above, just empty the span like so: <span class="userOnline"></span>

And then add your custom css to EXTRA.css like this:
HTML:
.userOnline {
position:absolute;
right:3px;
top:3px;
height:6px;
width:6px;
border-radius:3px;
background-color: #009900;
}
... and where would that EXTRA.css file be hiding? :rolleyes:

1.0.4? I did the steps. Uploaded to FTP Client. Then tried uploading to Xenforo add on platform, gives an error for a callback method??

Top Bottom