• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Online Status Indicator within Threads

fixed now, weird... all i did was log in an out i guess it refreshed it for me!

how do i get brogans single dot? to work?

This is what my EXTRA.css looks like. Brogan's idea was to only have a dot if the user was online...I've got different colored dots based on their status.

You'd also want to ensure there's no content between the '<span class="user{$userStatus.class}">' and the '</span>'

Code:
.userUserOnline {
position:absolute;
right:3px;
top:3px;
height:6px;
width:6px;
border-radius:3px;
background-color:green;
}

.userUserOffline {
background-color:red;
}

.userUserOnlineInvisible {
background-color:yellow;
}

how can i
EXTRA.css :
.avatarUserOnline .avatar .img.m {opacity: 1;}
.avatarUserOffline .avatar .img.m {opacity: 0.5;}
.avatarUserOnlineInvisible .avatar .img.m {opacity: 0.5;}

Template: message_user_info
Find <div class="avatarHolder"> and replace with <div class="avatarHolder avatar{$userStatus.class}">

how can i

I'm looking at the code, and it certainly seems possible...presuming the css could work. The Asp_OnlineStatus_Plugin_Plugin file would have to be updated...I can take a look at doing it this week sometime.

EXTRA.css :
.avatarUserOnline .avatar .img.m {opacity: 1;}
.avatarUserOffline .avatar .img.m {opacity: 0.5;}
.avatarUserOnlineInvisible .avatar .img.m {opacity: 0.5;}

Template: message_user_info
Find <div class="avatarHolder"> and replace with <div class="avatarHolder avatar{$userStatus.class}">

Did you test it? I don't think $userStatus.class will be in scope in the message_user_info template.

Works perfect Arik cheers fella
This is what my EXTRA.css looks like. Brogan's idea was to only have a dot if the user was online...I've got different colored dots based on their status.

You'd also want to ensure there's no content between the '<span class="user{$userStatus.class}">' and the '</span>'

Code:
.userUserOnline {
background-color:green;
}

.userUserOffline {
background-color:red;
}

.userUserOnlineInvisible {
background-color:yellow;
}

For the dimming CSS code, opacity, go back to my last post. The standard opacity callout will work in all browsers except for, of course, IE, which is still the majority browser out there. After digging around Google for a bit, I managed to find a combination that works for dimming that works on IE as well as the others. It needs to be entered in this exact order for the different versions of IE to work properly:

HTML:
obj.style.zoom = 1;
-ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=40)";
filter: alpha(opacity=40);
opacity: .40;

The fluke is that IE won't show opacity in some instances unless it finds some sort of positioning element, which is why the obj.style.zoom property is in there. I have not tested it in my online indicator without that property, but since it works there and in one other location I use it (signatures), I'm not going to mess with success. ;)

It would be neat if the avatar dimmed and also changed to monochrome, but I don't know if that's possible with pure CSS alone. (And IE probably would not render it anyway. :rolleyes: )

Not quite ready to do the next version of this, so I hope this will work...

Install the plugin, then take this file and drop it into library/Asp/OnlineStatus/Plugin. It will overwrite what's currently out there.

Please note, this version will only do the shading. It won't support any of the others. This will be superseded by the next version (when I get to finishing it).

Then modify the EXTRA.css template to include the dimming code. That'll look something like this:

Code:
.UserOffline .avatarHolder .avatar .img.m {
obj.style.zoom = 1; -ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=40)"; filter: alpha(opacity=40); opacity: .40;}

(As per above. I'm actually not the best person to ask if you've got CSS issues.)

Attachments

i dont understand the instructions can you release this as a mod on its own please

All you have to do is download the file he have in the above post. And, then upload that file to library/Asp/OnlineStatus/Plugin. There should be a file there called plugin.php and this will over write it.

After you do that do the EXTRA.CSS template edit and add that css above as well to it.

i dont understand the instructions can you release this as a mod on its own please

Here it is. Please note, this version will only do the shading. It won't support any of the others. This will be superseded by the next version (when I get to finishing it).

Make the above edit to EXTRA.css and you should be good.

Attachments

Ok, this thread has me confused a bit. I wanted to add this addon and this is what I did.

I uploaded the files/folders in the above post #138 from OnlineStatus.zip to the proper dir (/library/Asp/OnlineStatus) on the server. I then installed the addon_OnlineStatus.xml from post #1. It shows up in the admin section and the templates show, but I'm not seeing anything.

So in the Appearance>Styles>Default Style>Templates>EXTRA.css file I copied the info from post #135 into it and uploaded it to the css folder. Still nothing showing.

Ok, this thread has me confused a bit. I wanted to add this addon and this is what I did.

I uploaded the files/folders in the above post #138 from OnlineStatus.zip to the proper dir (/library/Asp/OnlineStatus) on the server. I then installed the addon_OnlineStatus.xml from post #1. It shows up in the admin section and the templates show, but I'm not seeing anything.

So in the Appearance>Styles>Default Style>Templates>EXTRA.css file I copied the info from post #135 into it and uploaded it to the css folder. Still nothing showing.

Starting with the basics. If you do a view->source around the user's avatar, do you see <span class="UserOffline">? I guess I'll ask the other question...are you using the default style?

Top Bottom