Online indicator - still shows online status

AndyB

I currently have the "Show your online status" unchecked in my Preferences:

pic001.webp

Yet when I view a thread that I have posted in, it still shows the online status indicator.

pic002.webp

I realize this is currently by design, but I don't think this is a good idea. By continuing to show the online status indicator even though it has been unchecked makes the user wonder if the preference was ever set.

Please change this so that if we uncheck the "Show your online status", it will not show to anyone including ourselves.

Thank you.

Upvote 8
Yes, they will still be able to see that they're online, but if they've got invisibility enabled, only staff will be able to see them.

It's no different than still being able to see your activity when you're invisible (e.g., "Viewing forum list, A moment ago).

It's pretty different in that one is extremely prominent and one isn't. I suspect most users aren't even aware that their activity is shown.

I've just converted to 1.4 and introduced the online indicators - it only took a few hours before my community members became confused and reported that the privacy features were not working as described. I agree with them - if I change a setting in my account and do not see that change reflected on the site, I would presume that it's not working as intended.

Nevertheless, I sure do love 1.4 though... :D

Top Bottom