Online indicator shadow

AndyB

I suggest removing the shadow for the online indicator. The reason is that depending on the background color of the avatar, the online indicator either looks like it is a dot with a sharp edge, or a dot with a soft edge. I assumed this meant two different things until I sent a private message to Brogan for clarification.

pic001.webp

Upvote 0
It's a green dot - it means someone is online. I'm not entirely certain why you would ever think it meant two different things.

If the shadow is removed then the online indicator would completely blend in to an avatar which is exactly the same colour.

I suggest removing the shadow for the online indicator. The reason is that depending on the background color of the avatar, the online indicator either looks like it is a dot with a sharp edge, or a dot with a soft edge. I assumed this meant two different things until I sent a private message to Brogan for clarification.

View attachment 79645

You'll still get this eye manipulating effect even if it's removed due to the many different colour combinations of/in peoples avatars. As you can see, In the screenshot below (I removed the box-shadow) in azhria's avatar the indicator is sharper in looks than it is in Daniels. IMO No point in removing it.

Screenshot_33.webp

Last edited:
Solid green dot - fully online
Green dot with a fuzzy outline - only just coming online (a bit like beaming down from the USS Enterprise and not quite fully materialising on the planet's surface)

Clear as mud, surely!

Or should that be Mudd...?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Solid green dot - fully online
Green dot with a fuzzy outline - only just coming online (a bit like beaming down from the USS Enterprise and not quite fully materialising on the planet's surface)

Clear as mud, surely!

Or should that be Mudd...?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:ROFLMAO:

It's a green dot - it means someone is online. I'm not entirely certain why you would ever think it meant two different things.

Well... you could see @AndyB 's post as an indicator (what's in a name) that the previous implementation of the online indicator was simply not the best. On several occasions it caused too much confusion. There have been many valid arguments posted why it was not the best implementation and thankfully it has been improved to the perfect state it is now in. No need to worry anymore about any shadow or anything else for that matter.

So, I guess, this suggestion may be relieved to the vaults :).

Top Bottom