Lack of interest One Step Add-on Upgrade via Zip file

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Jeffin

It would have been much much easier if we could directly upload zip file via ACP to upgrade an add-on instead of manually unzipping folders and looking for the right files to put into the right folders etc. Just a suggestion. ;)

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thank you. I know there is unofficial addon that does that but what I meant is if it is officially supported then most add-ons would be easy to install. Most of the add-ons I use don't support install and upgrade by waindigo (this being a great product).

Which add-ons do not support that?

To my knowledge, my Install & Upgrade and Waindigo's version of that work with all add-ons.

There is only a couple of exceptions where it might not. Such as "packs" of add-ons that may be a zip that contains multiple versions of the same add-on.

But generally, the installers should work with any add-on.

That being said, I'd be more than thrilled if something similar made it into the core. I wrote my version for pretty much my own laziness and it is by far the most useful add-on I use on a daily basis.

Which add-ons do not support that?
I agree they are both one of the most useful addons on here. Props to you and waindigo for making that available to us. As for addons that do not support that, i have come across a couple esp in cases where new fields are to be added to the database and such.

I literally perform that kind of procedure several times a day with my add-on installer and have never had an issue. Maybe it is specific add-ons. If you find any, please do let me know. If some developers are doing anything wrong, or I can do anything to improve it so issues do not happen then that can only be a positive for everyone.

Top Bottom