One place for all watched content (and 1 click unsubscribe)

Alpha1

If a member wants to see what content they have subscribed to, there are a lot of pages to visit. Especially if the site runs all XF addons and various other major addons.
This is confusing for members. Which results in members not finding what they need to unsubscribe from email notifications. This means more users will just mark email as spam.

I suggest to have one page that has all watched content. This includes:
  • watched threads
  • watched forums
  • watched media
  • watched categories
  • watched albums
  • watched resources
  • watched resource categories
  • any watched content from addons
On this page there should be a 1 click way to remove all subscriptions for all content.

Upvote 18
Please put it all in Your News Feed (the What's New sub-nav).

Currently you have to visit each add-on tab to view/manage watched content. Forums >> Watched, Media >> Watched, Resources >> Watched.

My suggestion is to put this content under the News Feed umbrella. News Feed is where your followed content appears, so it makes sense to me that watched would also. Perhaps a little side nav action, but it would be really nice to have it all streamlined instead of having to visit each tab, and News Feed seems like the logical place. Follow/Watch, same thing really, just one is a person, one is a post.

Whether this is in addition to the current Watched nav, or a replacement, could be an admin setting.

Thanks!

Last edited:
A "subscribed content" page within account settings?

I had thought this too, but it was only because I was used to it from another software. But when I think about it, it makes much more sense to be able to manage it outside of your settings area and in your feed. Just needs to all be in one place. :)

My suggestion is to put this content under the News Feed umbrella. News Feed is where your followed content appears, so it makes sense to me that watched would also.
I might be a very special snowflake, but I never access the News Feed - for me it's always empty anyway as I usually do not follow other users.

LOL! Right, well it's a social media cue... how you follow people on Twitter/FB and they appear in your feed. If you have a site where certain members post tutorials, valuable content, etc. you will find that members get followed. And then there is content you want to follow. To me it makes sense to make it universal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom