XF 2.1 One PayPal Account, IPNs, 2 Sites

rcull

Are there some instructions somewhere on how to set up IPN on more than one Xenforo site using Paid Upgrades and using only one PayPal account.

I also have PayPal Buttons. They don't need to use IPN, but of course they do when you have Notifications turned on.

Thanks

OK, I have read (here, and before posting here), that you don't need to turn on IPN notifications for the Xenforo upgrades to work. I was afraid to turn them off, because the instructions I read and most discussion involves turning them on and inserting:

I seemed to have noticed that the upgrades that worked, seemed to have successful notifications from the site with the IPNs turned on.
I am going to try turning off IPNs and seeing if members get their appropriate upgrades.

Last edited:
IPNs do need to be enabled in your PayPal account. If they're not, then they generally won't be sent at all.

The URL you set in PayPal doesn't really matter, but one does need to be set there, so we recommend you set it to the "actual" IPN URL. Each request we make to PayPal will set the IPN URL explicitly so multiple sites/URLs can work without issue on one PayPal account.

OK, so I should keep my on notification url active. But setting a correct one of one site will cause IPN notification errors when used by buttons etc.

Is there some way to avoid these errors. ie, turning off IPNs for buttons with some code in the button "advanced settings"?

Thanks

You could theoretically just point the default IPN URL to a random other URL (not the "standard" one). That needs to be a "valid" page as PayPal will expect a normal HTTP response, but that would avoid the calls being logged.

Top Bottom