one of my users never receives confirmation email

jacko

One of my users is trying to change email address but whatever email address he uses - there is no confirmation email... I even signed in using his login credentials, I tried to use several of my email addresses and nothing... I have some other test accounts and everything is fine - confirmation email arrives at every change.

I am extremely interested in what is happening. On our (currently still vb3) forum we have had random issues for years.

You have a situation that is not only repeatable, but the member shared the login credentials with you.

It sounds like outgoing emails are working fine. More than likely this is a problem with a spam filter on the receiving end. Unfortunately this is very common. If you want to confirm delivery then you can examine the mail logs on your server. Otherwise you usually just have to tell the user to use a different email address.

It sounds like outgoing emails are working fine. More than likely this is a problem with a spam filter on the receiving end. Unfortunately this is very common. If you want to confirm delivery then you can examine the mail logs on your server. Otherwise you usually just have to tell the user to use a different email address.
You didn't read my posts carefully enough. I eliminated possibility with spam filters.

UPDATE: THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED

From admin control panel I changed the user state to "valid" and from now on the user started receiving confirmation emails when changing addresses. Of course the user state went back to "Awaiting confirmation (from edit)" but now it works as expected.

Users database was imported from vBulletin so now I am going to check if the problem will be the same for other users.

I asked some other users to change their email addresses and everything is working fine. At this point it is impossible for me to repeat this error.

3rd user had the same problem!

I need a fix. Basically I need a script that will re-save all user profiles. I can't re-save manually almost 3000 profiles.

Do you just want to set all users to valid?
You can do that with this query: UPDATE xf_user SET user_state = 'valid';

That will set all users though.
Ensure you take a backup of your database first.

repeatable solution to this problem is this:
There was another user with the same problem. I clicked "save" in his profile in Admin CP and the problem was solved.
I don't need to change anything. Just clicking "save" unlocks activation emails.

Let me remind that it is related only to users imported from VBulletin.

Top Bottom