1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One little problem

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Thierry Martin, Nov 9, 2011.

1. I have been doing the demo and when I import an rss feed I get ' instead of ' - can anyone explain why this is happening? It is kind of important since this feed is used in my forum.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you post a link to the feed so I can test it?

That's the HTML code for an apostrophe.

3. Brogan

Can you link to the problem on the demo?

It all appears OK on my installation.

4. Brogan

You need to post the demo link, I can't access it via that URL.

It looks as though it imports fine in the latest version though, so it may just have been a bug in 1.0.4 which has now been fixed.

5. The other question I have - if I decide to go ahead and import my VB 3.8 forum, what happens to the user "reputation" and usergroups?

6. Brogan

The Mid Day Update post looks fine to me.

I can't see those characters anywhere in the thread.

7. Brogan

This is what is imported in 1.1.

vb-importer-1.1.png

8. Brogan

Looks like that is fixed in the latest release as it's working fine on my local installation

9. and is there a way to have user signatures only appear on their first post of a given page?

10. Brogan

11. BTW that image you posted is a question mark and if I open it I get

XenForo Community - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

12. One more question - if I decide to go ahead and import my VB 3.8 forum, what happens to the user "reputation" and usergroups?

13. Brogan

That's what the image above shows - I have added it as an attachment so you should be able to view it now.

14. OK, I guess I'm "sold" -

15. Brogan

Be aware that is only for 1.1 which is currently Beta (beta 5 was released today).

It's very stable though, I'm using it on my own site, as are many others (and here).

16. I did a search for passwords import but I couldn't find anything - but I assume passwords for users in VB3.8 will work after the import?