Not planned One-Button-Cache-Cleaning For All Caches

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What specifically are you expecting this to do? There is cached data all over and the vast majority of it never needs to be rebuilt. Some of the rebuilds can take a long time on larger installs (and have options that could be configured). I can't think of a case where all caches would need to be rebuilt.

I know that time is depending on the size of the caches to clear, it would be generally more convenient to have the chance to clear more than one cache at once.

Maybe a check list which caches are to be cleared with one button, or presets like "XenForo Core" or "All Caches of Add-on XYZ" etc.

That doesn't really answer the question of which caches in particular? What are the specific scenarios you are encountering which you feel would benefit from this suggestion?

I use "Shopware" for a merchandise shop for example. There is an option to clear all caches at once or individual caches for themselves.

Thumbnails, sitemap, user caches, permissions for example could be cleared in one step. The reason is just that I will do it anyway, but now I have to do it manually one after each other. And I want to clear them altogether, for example in a developing phase where I do it more often to be sure that all changes are applied.

With the current process it is hard to keep track sometimes, especially if you do it over multiple add-ons. The page jumps to the specific add-on cache page with some add-ons and then you have to go back again. I want to just hit one button once and then all caches get cleared automatically while I go and get a coffee. To reduce server load, there could be presets or blocks as I mentioned in the post before.

I hope this is somehow more understandable. I just think if a shortcut makes sense, then with cache clearing.

As a general concept, I don't think this is going to be something we'd implement. There are very few cases to really need to run cache rebuilds, let alone more than one or two. It may make sense to have a button that runs a group of them, but that would be a fairly specific case.

Your example list of 4 caches in 1 step are 4 totally unrelated things, so it's not particularly likely that you'd need to be rebuilding all of them at once.

Maybe something like reworking the list of rebuilds with checkboxes would make more sense. You could check off the ones you want to rebuild and hit a button to do them all in one go, and even have a 'check all' box at the top.

Your example list of 4 caches in 1 step are 4 totally unrelated things
...as they were examples. I would group them at least to their according set: XF Core, XFRM, XFMG for example. Clear all Core, Clear all XFRM, Clear all XFMG would be the names if this would be made in "blocks".

Maybe something like reworking the list of rebuilds with checkboxes would make more sense. You could check off the ones you want to rebuild and hit a button to do them all in one go, and even have a 'check all' box at the top.

Yes, simple select/deselect or "select all" then press "clear selected caches"

Top Bottom