OMG I'm soooo hot.......

Uergh.. nothing worse than being too hot, I feel for you hun!

Our Summer is coming up and I am soooooo not looking forward to it.

Soak your head in cold water, and then turn on all the fans you've got. It'll almost feel like AC and it'll last until your hair dries.

It's 88f here in my part of Ohio, having come down 2 degrees. AND....
My air conditioning broke sometime last night. The landlord was here this morning, and can't get anyone to come repair it til Friday. I'm sweating like a pig (do pigs sweat???), and miserable, just MISERABLE, I tell ya.
/end rant

(and just what did you think this thread was about? hmmmm??
eyebrows.gif
)

Did you guys get 98 yesterday like Cleveland did? Pretty sure I sweat off 10lbs or so...

Also, we don't have central air, so we've got one window unit in the front of the house, which is not where the bedrooms are. Guess where I'm sitting in a pool of my own sweat?

Soak your head in cold water, and then turn on all the fans you've got. It'll almost feel like AC and it'll last until your hair dries.
ha, believe it or not, I've done that before, and it works! You just have to repeat every 20 minutes or so.

you are going out for dinner....... when there is so much food for thought over here ? ;)
my brain is hot, so this food doesn't do me any good today.

Did you guys get 98 yesterday like Cleveland did? Pretty sure I sweat off 10lbs or so...

Also, we don't have central air, so we've got one window unit in the front of the house, which is not where the bedrooms are. Guess where I'm sitting in a pool of my own sweat?
ugh. Nope, 91 was hot enough for me. I'm praying my heart out for an early fall.

This afternoon we were having 98 F in McAllen, TX. Thank god tomorrow I'm going back to Costa Rica. It's hot down there but with all the nature, it doesn't feel as hot as this city of asphalt and desert.

Heres a 'hot' tip on how to cool off :p

Take a LOT of ice (just fill up a couple ice trays) and pop all the cubes into a sandwich bag (standard plastic back from a supermarket will do too). Tie the bag up.

Next, take a standard desk fan. Using cable ties or string, tie the ice bag to the BACK of the fan's grill. Try and spread it out as much as possible, but leave enough room round the edges for a bit of air.

Whilst it doesn't feel hugely cold on the face, it does work and will bring the room temperature down a fair bit over an hour or so. In addition, close windows, pull curtains and stop that sun getting in!

Another option is to stick your feet in a bucket of cool (not ice cold) water. Brings your core temperature down a few degrees :)

Top Bottom