I just did a test import on a local machine. I modified the windows hosts file to point my domain to the LAN IP so I can properly test it using the real domain name.
I'm having a lot of trouble to get my old URLs from VB4 to redirect to the new URL format.
Using the following add on: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-x-url-redirection.7584/
I am using the vbulletin built in "mod rewrite" method on my original forum, so these are the steps I followed:
- Upload contents of standard-basic-advanced/upload folder to your forum root.
- If your old rewrite rules are still in place, your URLs may work at this stage. If not, continue to install a route-based alternative: (and be sure to disable any remaining vB4 rewrite rules as they may interfere with the routes)
- Upload contents of mod_rewrite/upload folder to your forum root.
- Install the addon XML file mod_rewrite/addon_vB4Redir.xml
- If your URLs are not working, follow these instructions: http://xenforo.com/help/import-redirection/
Here is my setup:
forum installed in: domain.com/
vb friendly urls: mod rewrite
XF friendly urls: "Use Full Friendly URLs" and "Include Content Title in URLs"
.htaccess: default one that come with xenforo as htaccess.txt
All the links from the vbulletin link structure (such as those found in google searches) redirect me to the home page of the forum.
Please help me to resolve this issue. The only reason I decided to buy xenforo is because I was told redirecting from vbulletin is no problem... but I have spent all day trying to make this work.