Old Homepage Universe Users, who did you switch to?

Danita

Who owns this company now? They are AWFUL
We are getting numerous errors and now they say we are being attacked by Hong Kong :rolleyes: and China

One tech says we are being attacked by Hong Kong and China and the other says "Upon checking the DNS entry was not correct. I have updated the setting and it is started to propagating. It takes some time to propagate the DNS changes globally."

Anyone with experience with this? I have a funny feeling they are screwing with us. I would love to know the owner of the company.

If you just set up your domain yes it may take up to 24 hours but it has nothing to do with the attacks on your server

So it is possible there are two different issues?
The first time they said there is nothing wrong, then when we screenshot ted it, he said let me look and then said we are being attacked, then another tech replied tonight that it was the DNS
I think they are messing with us. Screwing up our site. I could be wrong but the whole thing sounds fishy. I will look for a new host for sure. The Mario guy is totally insolent.

We were customers of URLJet for several years before they were bought out by Homepage Universe. I chuckle at your mentions of attacks as that was the excuse of frequent outages we faced over a year ago. After we got burned from some custom work we moved the site to @ThemeHouse and never looked back. We needed a company that offered both Server and XenForo help as I’m a total dolt when it comes to technical stuff and after a year I can say I don’t regret making the swap one bit. We had a few minor hiccups when we first migrated over but each were addressed ASAP and since we’ve been enjoying not knowing they’re there. 😉

Last edited:
We were customers of URLJet for several years before they were bought out by Homepage Universe. I chuckle at your mentions of attacks as that was the excuse of frequent outages we faced over a year ago. After we got burned from some custom work we moved the site to @ThemeHouse and never looked back. We needed a company that offered both Server and XenForo help as I’m a total dolt when it comes to technical stuff and after a year I can say I don’t regret making the swap one bit. We had a few minor hiccups when we first migrated over but each were addressed ASAP and since we’ve been enjoying not knowing they’re there. 😉
Thank you so much!!!

Top Bottom