Old Games?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 745

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get old games to install and run on windows 7 (64 bit), I want to play Dungeon Keeper 1+2 but cant get them to install or run.
frown.png

I wrote a review on abaondonware a while ago for my gaming community, containing a short list with applications and tools that might come in handy when you try to run old software like that. Some of the tools include DosBox or ScummVM. I'm linking to my article mostly, because you might end up requirring a copy of WinG.dll, which was quite hard to find when I wrote the article. I ended up ensuring I had a locally uploaded copy of it, the link of which is also in the article.

HTH.

Thanks a lot where does the wing file go /windows/system32/ ?

To be honest, I'm not sure it really matters where you put it, as long as you register it properly (regsvr32 <path to wing.dll>).

You might not even need it. I'd only try and have a look at it if I was prompted by a game that it cannot find the dll, if I were you.

Still cant seem to get it working on 64bit keeps saying will only run on 32 bit cant even install it screen goes black then goes back to windows.

Top Bottom