Official XenForo Commerce Addon: Donations, Shop, Billing, Monetizing, Ads, Subs, affiliate, etc

Alpha1

IMHO financial features need to be in 1st party software because of the potential for abuse and the need for solid code.
Such functionality would give addon developers a wide range of possibilities.

Having such official addon would allow xenforo webmasters to generate much more income through new income streams which is good for the XenForo ecosystem as a whole.

I would very much like to see an official addon for monetizing. Functionality which could be included is:
  • Donations: custom amounts, gifts, goals, guest donations.
  • Advanced Subscriptions. Stacking, prolong, at registration, gift, etc.
  • Shop: sell digital products and real products.
  • Sell community content & features.
  • Paywall. Limit content viewing.
  • Payment links.
  • Credits & Wallet.
  • Classifieds.
  • Billing: send invoices for any of the above.
  • Commissions (take a % of sales)
  • Affiliate (give a % of sales)
  • Mailings to generate income by promoting the above.
  • Connector with bookkeeping software.
  • Connector with shipping software.
  • Connector with affiliate platforms.

If the basic functions of such a platform are there, then addon developers could expand on it.
I know this suggestion is a tall order, but I do think there is a need for this. Even if it starts small and is slowly expanded.

Upvote 171
MHO financial features need to be in 1st party software because of the potential for abuse and the need for solid code.
With the market leading strength of commerce sites/functionality (eg. Shopify, etc.) I sometimes wonder if the best outcome for XF development effort and license owners would be on creating 1st party code, or on full API integration support with 1 or 2 of the top and most appropriate commerce systems? Eg. they already have the connectors in your Functionality list.

For example, spend 6 months developing a 1st party commerce add-on, or spend 6 months developing full API integration with the likes of Shopify for commerce, MailChimp for marketing, and Google Calendar for events, etc.

Irregardless, I've given your OP a like :) I do support the suggesstion, and would like to see it implemented via any methodology.

Last edited:
Tend to agree with @Mouth. Woocommerce/Shopify have billion dollar companies on eCommerce. Its a good route to go into if XF have the resources to, but yeah lots of ways to do it subpar and really only a few ways to get it to be a comparable product to other solutions.

Hi. The work goes? When we can see with the plugin?
There's been no statement from XF about it, so I doubt any work on it has even begun.

And honestly, I doubt it's on the roadmap. What's suggested in the OP is fairly complex, and payments is a complete other ball game. It's probably a lot safer and cheaper to integrate with something like Shopify. I doubt this would pay back the maintenance costs.

There's been no statement from XF about it, so I doubt any work on it has even begun.

And honestly, I doubt it's on the roadmap. What's suggested in the OP is fairly complex, and payments is a complete other ball game. It's probably a lot safer and cheaper to integrate with something like Shopify. I doubt this would pay back the maintenance costs.

Certainly the poster you are answering was referring to the following post, not to the XF team.

We have our first release of our store add-on with Stripe integration and drop shipping.

View attachment 154850

It will be weeks if not months before it may be considered. We have not rolled it out on any site yet. Still testing. We will see where it goes though.
:unsure:

Top Bottom