Official dev manual ?

Sndan

is there any Official dev manual , api .. examples .... etc

it was a long time since the last Official tutorial ... is there any plane for new posts ?

There's no official manual, you could generate the API docs by running phpDocumentor on the code though. For example, just look at the code :)

I think a template hierarchy like they have for Wordpress would be helpful if that can easily be created.
See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy
templatehierarchy.png

I am just grasping at straws. I have a whole bunch of ideas for mods and I know that I can code the logic for it, but finding where to integrate them into XF is too cumbersome for me at this time. I just can't justify burning countless hours looking through the code to figure out where something needs to go. Maybe I am going about it the wrong way, I don't know but to me the experience of trying to figure out where stuff goes has been frustrating enough that I just gave up.

The MVC model actually helps you work it out. Generally speaking the Model is the backend, it manages the data and state. The controller receives input and manipulates the model. The view renders the model so people can see. By keeping the model independent of the views you can easily add new views without major design changes.

You might find Kier's post here useful too.

edit: Wikipedia's MVC article might be useful for the basics, obviously it's not telling you specifics about XenForo though! :)

Top Bottom