XF 1.2 Odd caching issue

Steqheu

Hi everyone,

I'm on xenForo 1.2 with no plugins and an updated theme. Lately, I've had a couple of users report that there seems to be an odd caching issue. Sometimes, when attempting to make a post, they're presented with this:
The following error occurred:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Upon reloading the page, they're presented with a forum listing, but they've been logged out. I can confirm that this has happened to me (at least once or twice), but I can't reproduce the issue. I know (and this may be unrelated) that the problem was horrible when I was using CloudFlare on the site. I would log in to the Admin control panel and be presented with the log in screen maybe 2 or 3 times before the site seemed to "catch" and I was able to use it as normal.

But it was inconsistent. Sometimes it would work perfectly. So I got rid of CloudFlare and went back to our own nameservers a few weeks ago. For me, the odd caching issue has only happened maybe once or twice since I switched back, but it's happening nonetheless. And I have a couple users noticing the same thing.

Is this a known bug with xenForo 1.2?

Thanks

Random permission errors like that are basically entirely dictated by your server. You can check your error logs (at the server level) to see if there's anything there, but it's the sort of thing you really need to ask your host about.

Top Bottom