nVidia Developer Forums Hacked...

ManagerJosh

Yeep... see: http://www.nvidia.com/content/devzone/index.html

NVIDIA suspended operations today of the NVIDIA Developer Zone (developer.nvidia.com). We did this in response to attacks on the site by unauthorized third parties who may have gained access to hashed passwords.
We are investigating this matter and working around the clock to ensure that secure operations can be restored.
As a precautionary measure, we strongly recommend that you change any identical passwords that you may be using elsewhere.
NVIDIA does not request sensitive information by email. Do not provide personal, financial or sensitive information (including new passwords) in response to any email purporting to be sent by an NVIDIA employee or representative.
We will post updates about this matter here. For any questions, email us at devzoneupdate@nvidia.com.
For technical support, go to www.nvidia.com/support.
While we work to restore the full Developer Zone website, a few of the most popular pages are available now.
For CUDA and OpenACC developers:
We'll be adding more pages soon, so please check back if the information you need isn't yet available.

Posted July 13, 2012
A small proportion of users’ hashed passwords for DevZone has been posted publicly.
We continue to strongly recommend that you change any identical passwords that you may be using elsewhere, as noted below.

IP.Board 3.0

IP.Board 3.0
When I was a customer there.... I tried to warn them about a serious security flaw. It still affects 3.x

As we didn't part ways on good terms.... I have no value or desire to remind them, keep after them, or help their customers in pointing out that flaw again.

When I was a customer there.... I tried to warn them about a serious security flaw. It still affects 3.x

As we didn't part ways on good terms.... I have no value or desire to remind them, keep after them, or help their customers in pointing out that flaw again.

If you knew of a flaw, you might want to contact the media.

should have suggested XenForo from the get go... then hadn't they listened, then it's their own fault lol. :ROFLMAO:

and what about the spam?

dunno lol. spam hits all forums anyway lmao.. only way against spam is to shut down all the web sites.. and not run anything lol. or, just join the spammers team/xrumer team and promote them all, love them all, and be marry. lmfao

:p

No, I'd much rather allow their customers and those who do business with them to suffer. Maybe that is evil, but it sure doesn't help IPB and that is what I value more.
Just too bad that the ones that are actually suffering are the visitors of those forums, who register themselves there, unaware of the risks.

Open information for all, hm?

Just too bad that the ones that are actually suffering are the visitors of those forums, who register themselves there, unaware of the risks.

Open information for all, hm?
Which still makes it's way down to IPB. Never underestimate the value or de-value of word of mouth.

Top Bottom