Resource icon

NUNS (New User Notification System) 2.1

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Nothing that should cause any impact. It started when I installed the most recent update. I've used this in various versions for months without incident.

A problem/bug was reported yesterday.

If you've deleted the thread for the welcome posts, this addon will cause an error on the next user registration, because it wasn't able to create the welcome post.

How do you want to deal with this problem?
Should there be a check
  • when deleting a thread, if it's the welcome thread (then i'll need to do the same with the welcome threads forum)
  • or do you want only a record in the error log? but IMO (because of my experience) most people here don't check their error log, so you'll probably NEVER notice this, until somebody sees that non new welcome posts were created

Great add-on!

Is it possible to have an option where you can choose not to "watch thread" when a thread is created for a new user?

Ragtek, I use another add-on which you kindly put together that sets permission for "watch thread".

Hm, i can't confirm that the thread is set automatic to being watched.

Check your option for the watch thread option and disable it;)( ACP => Options => User Registration: Watch threads when creating or replying:)

I love this add on but is it possible for the welcome thread to be created after the user is approved? Saves going into the node & deleting threads for non approved users.

Hey ragtek, great add on, just setting it up.

Like fredrikse suggested, it would be nice if there was an ACP setting where the user you specify as the creator of the welcome thread is not automatically subscribed to that thread (independent of what their own personal settings are). If not I'm probably going to have to create a dedicated 'welcome' bot account, which isn't ideal as it's less personal.

In addition to that, the new user should automatically be subscribed to their personal welcome thread so they receive immediate notifications if other users welcome them. This isn't currently the case and they may never see the thread in the welcome forum at all because of this.

Any possibility of that being implemented please? :)

A problem/bug was reported yesterday.

If you've deleted the thread for the welcome posts, this addon will cause an error on the next user registration, because it wasn't able to create the welcome post.

How do you want to deal with this problem?
Should there be a check
  • when deleting a thread, if it's the welcome thread (then i'll need to do the same with the welcome threads forum)
  • or do you want only a record in the error log? but IMO (because of my experience) most people here don't check their error log, so you'll probably NEVER notice this, until somebody sees that non new welcome posts were created

Some kind of check I imagine? Last thing you want is users not being able to register and you not realizing it.

I love this add on but is it possible for the welcome thread to be created after the user is approved? Saves going into the node & deleting threads for non approved users.
it seems that there's something messed up with this since the last release:(

I have no problem with it. Everything has gone smoothly.

Very nice work ragtek.

I wonder, will there be a Spanish language pack?

I was also wondering if there could be an automatic popup with the message when they first log on,

Luis, thank you.

One more question. Can the notification be in both Spanish AND English? I have some people who speak English, others only Spanish.

It seems that I have to register to download. I did that but I have not received a confirmation email.
I resent it but still haven't received it.

I've had this problem with my board. I wonder if this is a bug in xenforo?

Have you noticed problems with email confirmation on your board?

Top Bottom