• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Number of posts/likes to view attachments

borbole

While this can be done with the group promotion, some users do not like to get through the hassle of creating new group/s and setting permissions for various things. I have been contacted by at least half a dozen users where they would like to restrict the viewing of attachments based on number of posts and/or likes an user has received based on an add on without the need to use the Promotion System.

Anyway, to install the mod, first unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon.xml file inside the mod package and hit the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Attachments. There you can enable and disable the restrictions separately for the post count and likes. Set the number of posts and likes and you can also enter your own custom error message for each restrictions.

You can also exclude a group/s from the posts/likes limit to view the attachments by going to User Group Permissions, choose the group/s that you want to exlude and under Forum Permissions you will see a new settings called: Can bypass posts/likes to view attachments restriction: Set it to yes and save the changes.

For more info please have a look at the attached screenshots.

Price: 5 dollars.

Compatibility: It works with the latest versions of xenforo.

Payment: Only through paypal and it is non refundable. After I confirm the payment I will email you the mod file.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attachments

• Admin CP - XenForo_1328712980085.webp
    Admin CP - XenForo_1328712980085.webp
    48 KB · Views: 187
  • Edit User Group- Administrative - Admin CP - XenForo_1328713127915.webp
    Edit User Group- Administrative - Admin CP - XenForo_1328713127915.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Error - Likes - XenForo_1328713269542.webp
    Error - Likes - XenForo_1328713269542.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 164
  • Error - XenForo_1328713215731.webp
    Error - XenForo_1328713215731.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 156
For read the files attach or threads ?
it's possible to view the files attach but not download the images ?

For read the files attach or threads ?
it's possible to view the files attach but not download the images ?

It is for the attachments only. Users with less post/like count set by the admin won''t be able to view them.

P.s. I didn't quite understand what you meant by "it's possible to view the files attach but not download the images ?" btw.

It is for the attachments only. Users with less post/like count set by the admin won''t be able to view them.

P.s. I didn't quite understand what you meant by "it's possible to view the files attach but not download the images ?" btw.
With your hack, can you see the attached images?

We is redirect to your error page when you click on a file attach or files attachs are hidden in the thread ?

With your hack, can you see the attached images?

We is redirect to your error page when you click on a file attach or files attachs are hidden in the thread ?

The thumbnails can be seen but when clicked it will show the error message.

Top Bottom