Lack of interest Nucaptacha implimentation

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
reCAPTCHA has been cracked and is no longer effective

This one uses a video so its harder for bots to beat.

It may use video but isn't that creating unnecessary overhead? reCAPTCHA has been cracked, but it'll soon be changed again to use a different mechanism no doubt?

What makes this better than reCAPTCHA?

Plus, with reCAPTCHA we are helping digitalise books and other documents!!!

http://www.google.com/recaptcha/learnmore

reCAPTCHA has become increasingly less user friendly over time, back when it was first released it was very usable but sadly it appears as though in their attempts to slow down the bots they've sadly had to make it as bad as what it replaced. As for whether Google's book copying program is (well was, they actually have consent for the most part now) a good thing to encourage, I'm not so sure, but then I doubt when they see money in something they need any encouraging :p.

Edit: And perhaps I rather missed the main point. As said by others, reCAPTCHA is broken and from what I remember reading it has been for a while now so unless they take a dramatic change in approach I'm not sure how they'll improve it without being reduced to making the text so unreadable that you'll have to spend ten minutes examining the reCAPTCHA pixel by pixel. Or use a bot to do it for you :P.

I personally think that this is better.

That does seem an interesting approach, I would assume it would take a few months, perhaps a year for the bots to get through that if the two types of object / animal are of a similar colour and size in the picture. It also seems relatively user friendly.

Though does it work without JavaScript? And the same with Nucaptcha, if that relies on video will that work for those without the required plug-in / browser, and also what about those using mobile devices or with slow connections?

reCAPTCHA has become increasingly less user friendly over time, back when it was first released it was very usable but sadly it appears as though in their attempts to slow down the bots they've sadly had to make it as bad as what it replaced.

Edit: And perhaps I rather missed the main point. As said by others, reCAPTCHA is broken and from what I remember reading it has been for a while now so unless they take a dramatic change in approach I'm not sure how they'll improve it without being reduced to making the text so unreadable that you'll have to spend ten minutes examining the reCAPTCHA pixel by pixel.

I wholeheartedly agree: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/alternative-for-captcha-drag-right-icon.9627/#post-132060

And yes, my experience (on my vB3.8 platform) is that reCAPTCHA is indeed broken, because the spam keeps coming and coming. Just last week I decided to use the Q&A Captcha for the first time... and I tell you I have should done that much sooner: no spam whatsoever anymore!

Though does it work without JavaScript? And the same with Nucaptcha, if that relies on video will that work for those without the required plug-in / browser, and also what about those using mobile devices or with slow connections?

Disclaimer: I work for NuCaptcha.

NuCaptcha does not require Flash or JavaScript to function, and it works well on all browsers, including mobile. There is information on the website here:
HTML5 and Mobile Support

The NuCaptcha team is available to answer any questions and even to provide support integrating it into your platform.

Disclaimer: I work for NuCaptcha.

NuCaptcha does not require Flash or JavaScript to function, and it works well on all browsers, including mobile. There is information on the website here:
HTML5 and Mobile Support

The NuCaptcha team is available to answer any questions and even to provide support integrating it into your platform.

That's brilliant news, thanks for the information
smile.png
. Certainly sounds like it would be worth incorporating this as an option.

Not to drag up an old thread, but was this ever looked at seriously? I think it can be useful to offer these types of options. Especially for those of us who no longer enjoy recaptch and how incredibly hard it can be to read. It actually turns registrants off.

... I was a bit skeptical at first. But seeing the video, I actually think this is a really really nice reCaptcha replacement. Their text is clear, clean, easy to read. Compare to those reCaptcha text that are so impossible to read for human. I sometimes even think that reCaptcha are made to be read by bots.

I tried registering so I could play around with this and throw it in with some forms and I can't even get the registration email to go through. :-/

Update....I am just stupid....i really misspelled my email addy when registering :-/

moving on...

Top Bottom