Notifications - bit confused

flowerpot132

So if I am a member of the forum and post a thread, as the author do i get email notification for all replies for ever?

You can't force notification settings on users - it is up to them how they configure their own alerts, emails, etc.

In addition, only a single notification or alert will be generated until they read the thread.

Also stop the only once email notification.
This is a bad idea from a user perspective. The last thing I would want is to get home after work and find my inbox flooded with multiple emails from the same topic. They may say they want it but believe me, they'd soon be crying for a change back to how it is now after a few days!

What's the problem with them visiting the forums in the first place anyway?

This is a bad idea from a user perspective. The last thing I would want is to get home after work and find my inbox flooded with multiple emails from the same topic.
I think that should be the choice of the user. This happens on a forum I am a member of, I still get notifications if I don't visit. It may not be every single reply but is certainly a lot of them.

I totally understand that, and I wouldn't want a message every time on some big forums. But for our forum that feature would be perfect because it is very niche so there are only a few replies. So can it be done please?

Top Bottom